Precious in His sight

Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Name:
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Loving Melbourne

23/11/05

I am currently looking at the night view of Southbank (Yarra River) from the 10th floor in a Melbourne city apartment. It is beautiful. Unlike Sydney city that doesn’t sleep and is constantly bustling with traffic, Melbourne is rather tranquil.

I’ve always had this love for Melbourne. Sydney is nice, but I still prefer the lifestyle that Melbourne has to offer. About 6 years ago, dad & mum planned on settling in Melbourne when we migrate to Australia. But it was funny the way things worked out. Just before we migrated, mum got offered a job in Sydney and we also have a place that we can move straight into in Sydney. And so, we ended up in Sydney. Not that it is a bad thing at all. God has richly blessed us and looked after us.

For a few years now, I’ve had this desire to move to Melbourne (alone) for a year or so. Just the thought of being able to be independent and to have some time for myself is great, but it is a pretty selfish thought. There are just so many responsibilities and commitments that I have been entrusted with. Having said that, who can tell what the future holds? I’ll just have to wait and see.

24/11/2005

The highlight of my day is meeting up with Marianne and Fay Lin. They are a few of the more sensible and collected girls that I know of. It's funny how things changes. We've been very close friends at some point of our life. When went to separate schools when we were 13 and 2 years later i moved to Oz. 9 years is a long gap and so much has happened to each of us. Catching up over dinner was nice.

25/11/ 2005

Today we had the wedding rehersal. It was a beautiful day in the lavendar farm. The minister, John made it so relaxed for everyone. He also tried to bribe us with some lavendar honey ice cream for our cooperation, which we gladly accepted. Just about the best ice cream I have tasted so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home