Precious in His sight

Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Name:
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Australia Day '06

Such a 'funfilling' day.

Al left the house at 10.30AM to join some of them in church for board games & lunch afterwards. Would be nice if I can tag along but I had something more "important" to do (Still, games morning sounds more fun)

What I did:

- Woke up & had a nice, slow breakfast - a bowl of cheerios, 2 raisin toasts, OJ, chocolates and some supplements. Wow, that took nearly 1.5 hours!
- Better get changed out of my PJs. Decided to go for the casual/sophisticated look. After all the look counts.
- Got a lift to the train station. Oh, no...next train in 20 minutes. I am going to be late *panic*
- SMS: "I am running 10 mins late. Can we make lunch at 1PM?" Reply: "Yes! Sure!"
- (In the train - Auburn Stop); two little asian girls walked in the carriage with their dad. They wore their hair the same, similar clothes, shy... The little one is so curious, eyes looking everywhere and whispered to the elder sis every 20 seconds. The elder sis just nods, hardly said a word. Reminded me so much of Al & I (Of course, I was the quiet one).
- Got to Wynyard Station at 1 min to 1! Made it ...*phew*
- The only place that was open & edible was this Japanese Restaurant. Both had Unagi Rice...yummy. Lunch went for about 2 hours. It was nice catching up & of course, we talked serious business too.
- Seems like everything is going very well... come Monday I'll know if it really is! Ugh...the waiting game

- Arrived home at 4PM. Al puts on Around the world in 80 days, just so she can catch a glimpse of Daniel Wu. I didn't mind that :)
- Checked my phone. Oh my goodness, got a message from my son. He wants to tag along tonight. That made me happy. Quickly rang the other sonny to ask him to come too.
- We all arrived @ the Duongs approx. 7PM. Had some Aussie influenced food - Bar-b lamb & sausages, lamingtons, lotsa pavlova, meat pies. Some watched the tennis, others can't stop playing the board games... we also played assassin. That was fun. I got to be assassin twice. A very bad assassin though, killed all the innocent blood & had no clue who the mafias are.
- Ended the night by watching a video (kindly put together by the Duongs) of the church history. It's like entering a whole new world...the 80s! Buffy hair, out-there fashion...then the 90s...and more recent snapshots of people & events.
- 11PM. Oh, no...we still have to work tomorrow. Everyone 'scrambles' out the door thinking, why can;t we have Friday off to0?!

Another thought today.. Christian fellowship goes so much deeper that friendship. It demands a greater level of trust and understanding and a sincere love for one another. It is one of the many blessings as part of God's family, something we should always be thankful for and never to be taken for granted.