Reflection
A Sydney businessman sends his secretary to the shops to get lunch.
A while later, the secretary ran back to the office, white as a ghost and trembling with fear.
She said to her boss, "When I was down at the shops, someone walked past me and bumped into me. I turned around to see who it was and recognised it was 'death'. He gave me a very threatening look. I dropped everything and ran straight back here. I am sorry but I have to get out of town and hide somewhere death won't find me". Her boss gave her some time off and she caught the next plane to Melbourne.
After work the businessman was walking down the street when he notice 'death' walking along. He went straight over to death and he said, "Why did you give my secretary such a threatening look at lunch time?" 'Death' replied, "That was not a threatening look. It was a look of surprise. I was surprise to see her here in Sydney when I have an appointment with her tonight, in Melbourne.
John Dickson, FM 103.2
This little story made me think how sudden death can strike. For a period of time, I was feeling happy, busy and life just seemed so full-on. So much to do, so much to see... But this is now gradually dying off. Now that the 'haze' has cleared a little, the satisfaction I felt seems so temporary and futile. There is really no contentment in any of these.
Living by the hope I have in Christ, there is no fear death. The feeling of liberation from the penalty of sin (death) and a life free of guilt is far beyond human comprehension. True contentment can only be found in Christ.
Whenever I tell people that am going skydiving or that I had done it, I always seem to get the same response: "Aren't you worried that you'll die?" Even my tandem asked me the same thing in the plane, on the way up for the jump. I just said to him, "I don't have a will or a life insurance, if I die, I die. It really doesn't matter!"
People are worried about death because they either don't know what's beyond it and where they will end up, or that they just need more time to enjoy the things life has to offer. Others rather be ignorant about the whole matter and just "live life to the fullest" while they can. Yet, there are more to come. A new life free from tears and sufferings, no limitations of time, space and flesh.

<< Home