Precious in His sight

Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Name:
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

To the past and back

It was quite depressing being back here after such a lovely time with family & friends in M’sia. I left with a heavy heart – not wanting my holiday to end so soon and even had doubts about leaving for Australia, but surely this will all end soon as I settle back into a quieter life in Aussieland?

Malaysia

The familiar humidity in the air greeted us as we arrive M’sia. We were very excited to see grandma again! She’s the BEST "Ah Ma" to us… she takes so much of interest in us. So much that she knows most of my friends and would willingly cook for all 10 (usually 10) of us after or before school à The house use to be a hang out/project location because it is so close to school!
This trip back was different from previous years. A little more relaxed and can feel more togetherness. Manage to meet up with most people…

  1. Family (of course): I felt so pampered/loved in M’sia by aunties and cousins. Words can’t express… so I won’t attempt to.
  2. My old church: Went for the Sunday morning service. We were welcomed back warmly & it is very encouraging to see that everyone is still hanging on in there. I can’t even recognise some people there!
  3. Friends: I told some of the guys there how ‘weird’ it seems now that we are talking freely and going dinners/mamak together. Weird for me because when I left to Aussie, I was still at the stage of "boy germs"! How everyone has matured and it was such a joy to see old & stale friendships rekindled. God made each one so unique, and I am really blessed to have known them…

Singapore
It has been 12 years since we last went. Al & I had a great time with our uncle, aunt, cousins & our 4 lil’ nieces in Singapore. Uncle & Aunty are forever so loving and gentle. They really did went out of their way to organise all kinds of activities just so Al & I will make the most of our time there. My aunt has the ability to make the simple things in life so exciting, such as the drive along Orchard road to see the Christmas lights! We also met up with Cath and our mischievous (now pilot) cousin, Justin! Brings back memories of all the illegal & naughty things that we use to do every CNY :)

Thank you, dear God for the wonderful and safe trip...