Precious in His sight

Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Name:
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"Ni Hao" & other updates

Started mandarin classes for a few weeks now. I am really enjoying learning a different language. It might come in really useful one day, be it for work or for a ST mission trip up to the villages in China. Katrina's work there has got me thinking about China.

Work has been very tough lately. Unfair workload and reward, pretentious characters and sometimes even dishonesty is really turning me away from the corporate world. I am hanging in there though, not sure why but hoping it will all work out for the best. I need to be praying about it, and I haven't been praying enough!

Parents are away for a few weeks at the moment. It feels too strange not having them around. While it can be suffocating having them around sometimes, I realise how much I need them now that they are away. Good thing Al is around too otherwise I might go a lil cuokoo.

My sons, Smelly & Mon came over for dinner last saturday night to celebrate Billy's birthday. Al & I cooked scallopini angel hair pasta with rocket. Leo brought the honey soy kebabs, vege kebabs, Macadamia & Mango ice cream, and we made choc chip malt cookies (salivating yet?). The best part of the night was of course the PS2 games - it was way too entertaining. By 1am, Al & I are dead tired but they had the stamina to continue talking...

I like this verse a lot at the moment

Psalm 121:
I lift up my eyes to the hills.From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israelwill neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord is your keeper;the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all evil;he will keep your life.
The Lord will keep your going out and your coming infrom this time forth and forevermore.