Senior meets cheeky junior
Today is:
- The beginning of the 3rd week since parent are away. Can't wait till mum gets back... distance makes the heart grow fonder - it is true.
- Daylight saving commences. It's great to have light until 8pm! I came home and was able to spend some time outside in the garden :)
- The day before our tax returns are due
I joined a competition this afternoon. The prize? Lunch with Guy Sebastian. For some strange reason, I find this extremely amusing. I couldn't stop laughing at myself. This is so out of my character. As funny as it sounds (to me at least), a small part of me want to experience chatting to the 'fro over some good food.
Usually I am quite reluctant to go on the Internet at night, especially after work. But, I was forced to do so because my tax return is due tomorrow! What sort of acountant leaves this to the last minute?! --> Me.
Anyways, I was on MSN while doing my tax return. And this message pops up: "Hi mum". For a moment, I was confused. Who else calls me mum except for Billy, Leo, and occasionally Jojo? After a few more messages, it turned out to be Jim. A junior yr 7 kid I met when I was in my last year of High School. It's strange how he remembered... after all these years. I don't quite remember giving away my contact but nevertheless, if he had not kept my details, this part of my life can just as easily slip by without me remembering any of it.
It was fun reminiscing old times. I met these boys when they got in trouble with the librarian (leprechaun lady!). I helped "rescued" their school hats and since then, they started calling me "mum". I would sometimes spend my lunch times with these cheeky boys - Jim, Mark & Charles - to get away from the one topic everyone in my year talks about: assignments/exams/HSC. Jim also revealed that they were trying all year to set me up with a boy in my year. How much more cheeky can they get - oh, silly. 5 years later... they are going in Year 12. As for me, I've graduated and now in full time work. How time flies!
Life is funny sometimes. Many events - some are archived, while others will always be kept in the main filing compartment. When you accidentally come across some things in the 'archived' section, memories floods in and it is amazing how much it can brighten your life up! (even if it is just for a little while).
Thank you, God for little events like this that brightens my day :)

<< Home