Precious in His sight

Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Name:
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Monday, October 02, 2006

Labour day holiday... NOT

This weekend (in fact the whole week!) has been a busy one... If only I had a long weekend like 98% of the working population in Sydney, perhaps I won't feel like I am floating in the air as I take a slow stroll to work today.

Sydney City is dead quiet... Just like Easter and the Queen's birthday, this public holiday is no different. There are only two choices of lunch: McDonalds or Hungry Jacks. Did I also say that we had forgotten to inform the Building Manager to have the airconditioning running? It is boiling hot. Long pants or long sleeved shirts are a no-no. Take off the shoes too...

Thursday night was dinner & karaoke with the Hurlstonian Gracie, Jo & the smart boys. Of course, I didn't end up going to karaoke. I don't think I'll be able wake up the next day for work, if I did. It was nice catching up with them over dinner.

Church has been a real encouragement lately. We organised an outing with the kids that came for KidsGames/Good News Week to go bowling last Friday night. Too many turned up and we were unable to cater for transportation. It was dissapointing for both leaders and the kids. Some kids hung around for a game of pictionary and we made pizza together for supper. It turned out to be a good night, by God's grace! The sermons on "Love" from 1 John has also been very helpful for me personally. While waiting for God to send us a Pastor, I have seen unity and a real "family" in church.

Last Saturday an ex collegue of mine needed a partner for a wedding. I accepted the offer without even asking where it was held. It was a super-long drive to Mona Vale. We were so late for the wedding - they've said their vows etc when we arrived. How embarrasing. I was the youngest there (after the flower girl and the page boy), but managed to pull off a 'mature' self and met some pretty interesting characters like a movie director, an actor...the rest of the crowd comprises accountants and IT dudes. Oh dear...

The highlight of the day/night was a gospel opportunity. I was able to have quite a deep conversation about the christianity vs the other religions. One thing I realised though, there is always more I can do to be more prepared next time.

Such a privilege it is for man to be able to tell the Gospel. Even angels long to hear the Words...