About relationships
Just as I was about to find some quiet time after a long day of work, I picked the worst spot possible to sit in the train. Right beside a couple on the verge off breaking up – tears, tantrums, hurt and disappointments. I didn’t want to eavesdrop…but they spoke as if everyone else in this world is dead and I didn’t have earplug or music to block it all out. [Oh, kill me!] But it all ended well (I hope for their sake at least).
Scott & Van did a really simple but good explanation during ‘CBC youth group relationships night’. Taking 2 pieces of paper (one representing a boy, the other a girl)…
- Use a paper clip to attach the pieces of paper together. Remove the paper clip and you can see a mark on both pieces of paper: The flirting stage
- Use a stapler to attach both pieces of paper together. When you remove the staples, the paper will have holes in it: The bf/gf stage
- Use some glue to attach both pieces of paper together and then try pulling both pieces apart…it will be very torn & damaged: The intimacy of marriage stage
Moral of the story? Going out with someone for the sake of curiosity or to satisfy your emotional need without having a long term view of marriage will just leave you damaged in the end. Being single is a great thing. It is a time to discover ourselves and to spend time developing good friendships with many people. So, enjoy it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home