Precious in His sight

Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Name:
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Thursday, March 22, 2007

A father's heart *EDITED* "My Parents' hearts"

When the home phone rings, we all automatically assume that it is dad.

My conversation with dad usually goes like this: we will talk about our day. And if I am "unwell", have I been taking the spirulina tablets? Dad will always ask me how I am going with my studies/accounts at work, and I will ask him if work has been hectic for him. Then we'll talk about gold prices, oil prices, the Yen currency... and lastly, my social life.

Today, dad said something really cute... "Ask mummy to cook some food and freeze it so that you can eat [when we go away]. Don't have to eat so much when we are away so you will be slimmer. When we get back, we will feed you again... ok?" My response? I just laughed...

****************************************************

Since mum came around 5 minutes ago to make fun of me... i edited the title of the post. My playful mother just spent 10 minutes asking me why I am not dating... My response? "Isn't is a blessing to you? If I never get married, you'll always have someone to clean the floors after you cook, read the instruction manuals, do your banking and mail, drive you around..."

****************************************************

It has been an emotional rollercoaster ride for me in the past few weeks. One day I am very happy, and other days...upset. I was reading through my 'letters/prayer' to my heavenly dad; the one place I can honestly write what I feel without fear since He already knows my heart.

I realise that I have been trying to carry a burden with my own strength. I am burdened because of self-denial, I lack patience and trust in His perfect plans for me.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1