Precious in His sight

Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Name:
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Clowning around

The interesting thing of looking like a clown is that you get the two extreme reactions from people. The first kid looked at me, pointed and did a "Ha-Ha", another jumped out of his pram and ran behind his dad (that was quite hilarious!).

When I first said "Yeah, ok... i'll do it", I was pretty nervous about looking like a fool and I don't know any tricks to impress the kids with. But when I was getting my 'make up' done before the actual reachout I was quite excited about it! Not embarrased at all really... eventhough Niki & Asha offered to stand by my side throughout the day (so sweet).

It was a good day. Cabramatta was packed because of the Chinese New Year celebrations coming up. Appy, Al, Andy & Di painted lots of kids faces - butterflies, flowers, spiderman, batman, princess... Scott, Asha and Adrian shaped up balloons for the kids, Niki gave out lollies and brochures and 'the clown' spoke to parents & kids.

God really blessed the event today. It was suppose to rain, but it didn't. Parents and kids came continuously, we had all the help we needed, the kids were HaPpY!!! Great team effort :) What saddens me sometimes is knowing that some will be leaving soon for various reasons. But they have to do what's best for them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home