It is an issue of the heart
As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man Proverbs 27:19
Scott gave some really convicting sermons from the book of Malachi. Personally, what I got out of it simply melts down to this: my heart.
But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7
It saddens me sometimes when I honestly consider where my heart lies… I question if I am I really living out every moment of my life in a manner that honours God? Giving Him the best of my time; in ministry to serve wholeheartedly, in my relationships to love others as He has loved me; and to be godly in my work & studies?
Each heart knows its own bitterness, and no one else can share its joy" Proverbs 14:10
Our thoughts and actions stem from the heart’s desires. And sometimes…
"How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me?" Psalm 13:2
I know that I need to refocus and to get my priorities right…
"But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you." 1 Samuel 12:24.
And because He is so faithful and wonderful…
"But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul" Deuteronomy 4:29
We reap what we sow… If we refuse to honour God in our lives, then we won’t experience the full blessing that comes from knowing Him.
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life Proverbs 4:23

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home