A foodie's perspective on life
My chinese name sounds like 'Lo shi fun' (no, i wasn't named after the noodles, could it be the other way around?)
Mrs Ng from my primary school once commented in front of the whole class on my sepet eyes saying that are shaped like almonds. I was embarrased to the point of looking like a tomato. I like my eyes - they work just fine.
Up there (in my head) is usually a mess. One question that has been bothering me in the past 3 weeks is: "Is the glass of milk half empty or half full?" My conclusion? I like to think it is half empty. Seeing it as half full just makes me feel too content and comfortable with the current situation and I won't be bothered doing anything to fill it up.
Mummy Gump once said... "Life's a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get". I personally think life is more like a buffet...
- Life is not always sweet like chocolates,
- We get to make our own choices in most things ~ I guess I shouldn't have mixed the lychee with the chicken (haha... this reminds me of Mic's special dish on New Years Eve 2004). If only i had picked wisely, maybe i'll end up with a plate of something more pleasing to the tastebuds
- We want to try everything ~ the Italian pasta, Turkish pide, Chinese fried rice, French snails, Japanese sushi ~ but we can only do as much as our bodies permit;
- Don't we all take more than what we need in a buffet? Life is full of temptations, greed is a problem of the human heart
In this short 22 years of this bitter sweet life, I have tasted Chinese medicine on a few occasion but I am thankful that most of it has been like fairy floss. Relationships, true and lasting ones, are like truffles. So valuable and hard to find (only a pig can find them).
Ever felt like sardines in a can? Sometimes we all just want some space... to think, to reflect, to plan... To think of a life without hope after death is chopping onions. Not my cup of tea.
This is actually a piece of cake ~

<< Home