Precious in His sight

Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Name:
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's been a while...

Don't worry... I'm still alive! Too much has happened in the past month. Some of which I don't feel comfortable sharing here. A glimpse of the past 1.5 months:

Al & I survived a month without mum & dad, and we are very proud of ourselves because we did not have a single packet of the instant noodles in our pantry or any take-aways. Definitely an improvement when compared to 5 years ago (I was eating rice, peas, eggs & soy sauce - Eewww!)

I have started running again... It has been a while since I got off my lazy bum. So long, I almost forgot how much I love running! Just being able to have a moment of quietness to think, reflect and to just enjoy God's amazing creation is GREAT (clears my head). Had a running partner too, which helps - because we did try pushing each other to the limit.

"Now that we are both adults, we can have a proper conversation..."
Met up with an old friend (some people like to refer to them as ex) over lunch. It has been 5-6 years since we had a decent conversation face to face. I was expecting it to be nerve wrecking but surprisingly I wasn't nervous or uncomfortable. It was nice catching up over a meal and to clear up any issues, not that there is much to clear up. He has been very respectful and gracious.

CBC went on a weekend away too... it was a great time of learning & fellowship, especially with our new Pastor Lindsay!


(One more thing... as much as I would love to be there (Malaysia) in September, I am afraid I can't. Very dissapointed.)