Precious in His sight

Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Name:
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bakin' & Baking

Bakin'

The weather is just starting to heat up a bit more, reminding me that it is summer. Sydney has had a very mild summer (so far) this year. But today is bakin' hot... up to 36 degrees out in the west causing me to really work up a sweat. I feel like a walking waterfall.

Baking
I spent all afternoon yesterday baking 6 batches of cookies in a bakin' hot weather. It was enjoyable because it doesn't require much thinking. Ended up with a whole lot of cookies to distribute to neighbours, church family & friends.


On a different matter, Alice has only been gone for 10 hours now and I miss her very much already. No one to annoy, no one to annoy me, no one to tell me she has been praying for me, no one to spill all my crazy thoughts to. I hope I survive the coming week! Today I was asked to share a few songs in the church service. I picked Keith Green, Ruth Buchanan and Geoff Bullock. The grand finale was a Malaysia one! Hehe... I couldn't help myself but to bring some Malaysian flavour into our already very multicultural 'family'. And boy, did I receive some very interesting feedback (positive). By God's grace & Alice's fervent praying, I hope people were encouraged by it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home