So glad the year has ended...
So glad 2007 has come to an end. As much as I hope that the coming year will be much better... something inside me says "maybe not". I wonder if this is what growing up feels like? With so much added responsibilities, the child in me is slowly dying off. I use to be so excited about little things. But I have just been too tired to let my emotions run wild!
It is funny how I always have so much to reminisce about in previous years but this year, I struggle to think of anything to share. It has just been one big, fat rush. But, without God sustaining me I don't think I would have made it through the year still a sane mind.
While millions around Australia watched the fireworks… my year ended slightly differently. Spent most of the night leading up to midnight playing musical chairs, chasing the kids around, quizzes, reflecting & eating. At 12 midnight, we took communion together as a church family – a nice transition from 2007 to 2008. Until now, I have no idea what the fireworks on Sydney Harbour looks like.
2008 kicked off with a spontaneous trip to Kiama to see the blowhole, and boy, did it blow! The weather was great for a picnic lunch and a slow walk around the rocky, coastal path. Not much needed to be said, except for it being a really lovely day.


In the night, we had a spontaneous invite for a bbq dinner at a dear friend’s place. After a good meal, we sat down for a ‘no mercy’, ‘ruthless’ game of Ticket to ride (Germany) followed by Scott showing us a whole host of unique musical instruments from various parts of the world! In fact it is so one-of-a-kind, I can’t remember any of its names.
The year ahead will be challenging. Taking up position as church treasurer and kidsgames committee; amongst my job, CPA studies & most importantly looking to spending quality time with family & friends will be full on. But... I will be reminded of Isaiah 40:31, "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint"


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home