Solomons in August Day 1 – 070809
I didn’t realise how cool the date is today until about 20 mins ago! Day 1 in SI and already it has been amazing. It is what I am expecting. Friendly people, dirty streets, Bettel nut everywhere, salt fish for sale by the roadside, people playing soccer despite the rain.


I am staying at the Pacific Casino Hotel because The Mendana was booked out by the US Navy (Maybe I also forgot to mention that today is Remembrance Day – WW2). I don’t mind this hotel actually. Perhaps not as clean but the dinner/show tonight blew me away. So, being alone, I took a seat at the most hidden corner of the restaurant. As I finished my 3rd serving of food for the night, some young blokes & chicks walked in *smackbang* right in front of me - the music cranks up and off they go with their traditional island moves. I loved how the guys danced like warriors and the chicks were oh, so graceful! I couldn’t stop smiling… the beauty of cross culture experience and God’s creativeness is truly AMAZING.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home