Arrived home? Left home?
A330 touched down on Sydney Airport at 6.16am, but not without drama...
I was queuing up in line to check in my luggage in KLIA. Closer to my turn, I took the passport out only to realise that it isn't mine! [Jane, Jane... How can anyone make a buu buu like this?] It was 5.15pm. So, I rang Alice (who is happily shopping in Jusco, Klang) and said: "Quick, I need you to get a taxi to the airport with MY passport!". Alice then rang my aunty at home to get her to bring the bag with MY passport to Jusco to meet her, etc. The next hour was action-packed for everyone... let your imagination run wild, nothing else needed to be said here.
Just as they were closing the counters (i.e. missing my flight), my mum ran in with MY passport - just in the nick of time. The lady was nice enough to check me in and said: "You need to go to the boarding gate now!" Hugged everyone, apologised, laughed at my stupidity, and ran for my flight.
I sat beside a lovely couple (John & Yoland) in the plane. They have been married close to 50 years but so in love! We talked, they proudly showed me pictures of their grandkids and even offered to share their dinner (nasi lemak) with me. I hope we meet again sometime in Sydney.
Part of me wanted to be back in Sydney. But this last 2 days has been very difficult because the rest of the family is still back in Malaysia... it seems so pointless coming back to an empty house and a lot of Excel spreadsheets to update. The lawn needed to be mowed and so, I did that after work until 9.30pm... 4 large bags of grass, and that is only half the garden (Why, why, why do I not have a brother who can help me with these things?). More fun tonight, I suppose.
The big question is: Did I arrive home in Sydney? or; Have I just left my Sri Muda home? I really don't know...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home