Solomons in August Day 4, 5 & 6 – 100809, 110809, 120809
Not too much to say about Monday & Tuesday. Just the usual 8am-5pm day… Having just moved to Ranadi, we still have the carpenters, painters & electrician fixing up the office. The noise & the fumes from the paint gave me a headache (literally).
Mum was in hospital on Tuesday. I knew that something was wrong when Al rang the office. My first reaction was shock. My hand was shaking as I was ticking off invoices after I heard the news. Being so far away the only thing I could do is ask God in my little scared heart to keep mum safe. And the Almighty God heard my prayer. Tenkyu tumas, dear God
Every night after work, I have a habit of leaving my things in the room and going to the back of the hotel, sitting on the cement walls and watching the sun set on the vast seas and fisherman finishing (or perhaps starting) their work. The waves as it hits the rock mesmerises me. Solomons is so beautiful!
Today is Wednesday – this is the day I have been looking forward to very much. It was games night for the youth in SSEC. I was there very early as I had to catch the bus to church before the sun sets. They were a youth group of about a hundred (or maybe a little less) and it really does feel like we fitted in like pair of gloves. On top of some really fun games like floating stones, waterbucket, tower building, popping the balloons, tug-a-war etc; I had some fairly personal conversation with a few people there.
One of the people I spoke to was Ezra, the youth leader. After a long talk, he finally said... "Everywhere you are around the world, you have a family - God's family" What a blessing it is! It was good to encourage and be encouraged. The night ended around 11pm. I was quite tired by the time I got back to the room. I had all these stories to write when I arrive back in my room but fell asleep as I was too tired. 17 hours of non-stop work & fun!
Some of the names I remember...
Angie: She was a real energy ball. Always on the go and a real motivator/fighter. She amazes me.
Clint: Who was one of the organisers for games night
Dalton: Has an amazing voice. I was blown away when I first heard him sing that Sunday morning.
Elwin: She's a lovely girl who I had a nice conversation with
Ezra (Youth leader): Godly man who has a passion/heart for the young people
Gideon: I think he is also an organiser for the night.
Joanna: She was really cool as she taught the youths a traditional dance before the night started. I was privilege to watch them practise. Had a bit of a laugh too!
Joel: Is the Lavander team leader. Not only a leader by name but also by nature I think. He was great in motivating the team and we had lots of fun as a team!
Joy: Like her name!
Marlon: From memory... he was the media guy. He has quite a bit to say, funny guy.
Rolland: I am still keeping in touch with Rolland. I get so excited reading his E-mails and all the recent happenings within the youth group. Rolland is such a gentleman who always end his E-mails with... "Thanks again for keeping in touch" Blessings,
Stalin: One of my first words to him is..."You are mischievious!" And he is! Stalin also has an amazing voice (he has recorded an album, and is part of the group, Sapphire Singers). On top of that he is very lively & playful. There will be no short of laughter with him around.
I am looking forward to returning to the SSEC family in about 2 months time... Let the countdown begin!





5 Comments:
why is steve's name er.. downsized? Is he little? =)
Haahah... I can't seem to correct the formatting! Steve is not little.
I think I still stand below his shoulders :)
I need to do the growing - physically & spiritually
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hmm... Can we still grow? Physically? Hmm...
But spiritually... i know you'll be just fine... God loves you dearly...
love the sepia pic... retro siul... seems like ur enjoyin urself there girl.. glad to hear that...
cis.. make me login.. i darn lazy to login la...
Post a Comment
<< Home