Sydney's rainy spring / Showers of blessing

I check the weather forecast daily. I can't remember springtime ever being this wet. Chance of rain is forecast everyday, with the exception of the weekend when I am going away to Jervis Bay to chill out for my birthday! It is these little things that constantly pounds on me as a reminder of how much my heavenly Dad cares.
031109 is the day God opened the door for Ed to be in part time paid ministry. We have been praying that God will show him - and God answered. What lies ahead is a real sense of excitement as God will stretch and grow Ed through this. No doubt, there will be challenges ahead - new church family, learning to grasp his new role and maybe financially too. As we were driving to the lake, one verse that God brought to my mind is "I will never leave you, nor forsake you". Indeed, if God has called Ed, He will also provide him with the strength and daily needs.
I love listening to Ed sing/play the guitar. We sang some songs and hymns. He also shared one of the first songs he wrote years ago:
I want to be a willing servant,
So it may be crystal clear,
That I love you....
I wanted to cry.
Actually, I did cry.
Why?
I wasn't sure at first.
Then I realise I was listening to the cry of his heart for God.
It was beautiful...
Slavery is common in the past. When a slave has 'completed his service', he has the option to leave his master but may choose to remain and serve out of a sense of loyalty or affection. If the servant chooses to stay, the master is told to take that loyal servant to the door post and pierce his ear. The pierced ear would serve as a symbol of the servant’s choice and he would become that master’s servant for life.
Such is his desire for Jesus Christ. Such is mine too. Lord, would you keep me so that I will be your servant - for life. Let me not stray to the left or to the right. What this world can offer, temporarily, is nothing compared to the fullness of life found only in you.

1 Comments:
Amen.
Post a Comment
<< Home