"It is always God's blessings to wait on Him"
--> This is what Ed's dad said to Him in an E-mail when he told his dad about us...
Over the years, God has spoken to me in various ways and through various people about seeking him first. I am a slow learner, but God is ever so patient with me:
Through a Doulos missionary:
"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart"
Through my QT:"The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him"
Through the birth date He chose for me:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"
Through a friend:
"It always happens when you are not looking" (i.e. Jane, just leave it to God)
And yesterday I saw one of the 'blessings' that came from waiting on God. I am blessed for knowing a guy who fears God and respect me enough not to kiss me. It may seem futile for many people but I saw a man who is guarding both our hearts; who is able to give me a sense of genuine security, and one who will help me keep my eyes on Jesus!
From the start, we made a decision to commit this relationship to God and to trust Him. I am slowly learning (yes, emphasising that it takes time for some things to sink into my head) to understand what this 'commitment' involves. So far, I believe it involves...
(a) A response in doing my quiet times regularly,
(b) Praying, not only for 'us' but also for others so that as a couple we can be a blessing to others,
(c) Jane as Jane - No more trying to 'impress'. Take it or leave it, as a guy should like me for who I am, and not the 'prepED' up version. So far, I haven't scared him away with my craziness!
(d) Looking at ways to support and encourage him so he can be more effective in his ministry and work.
(e) Allowing God to show me areas where I can serve Him with the gifts he has given me. Ed is amazingly gifted, but God has made me; me, so I can serve Him as me.
Plenty more to learn I am sure but at the same time, super-duper exciting. The testings for this relationship will come eventually but I can be preparing myself for that right now so I can respond in love and forgiveness - remembering that Christ is able to love and forgive a 'dirty rag' like me!
And yesterday I saw one of the 'blessings' that came from waiting on God. I am blessed for knowing a guy who fears God and respect me enough not to kiss me. It may seem futile for many people but I saw a man who is guarding both our hearts; who is able to give me a sense of genuine security, and one who will help me keep my eyes on Jesus!
From the start, we made a decision to commit this relationship to God and to trust Him. I am slowly learning (yes, emphasising that it takes time for some things to sink into my head) to understand what this 'commitment' involves. So far, I believe it involves...
(a) A response in doing my quiet times regularly,
(b) Praying, not only for 'us' but also for others so that as a couple we can be a blessing to others,
(c) Jane as Jane - No more trying to 'impress'. Take it or leave it, as a guy should like me for who I am, and not the 'prepED' up version. So far, I haven't scared him away with my craziness!
(d) Looking at ways to support and encourage him so he can be more effective in his ministry and work.
(e) Allowing God to show me areas where I can serve Him with the gifts he has given me. Ed is amazingly gifted, but God has made me; me, so I can serve Him as me.
Plenty more to learn I am sure but at the same time, super-duper exciting. The testings for this relationship will come eventually but I can be preparing myself for that right now so I can respond in love and forgiveness - remembering that Christ is able to love and forgive a 'dirty rag' like me!

1 Comments:
very lovely...
Post a Comment
<< Home