Precious in His sight

Do not let your adorning be external - the braiding of hair, the wearing of gold, or the putting on of clothing - but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious (1 Peter 3:3-4)

Name:
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Honesty is the only policy

I felt a strong urge to take a walk during my lunch break. Walking down Pitt Street, then Martin Place, and up to George Street mindlessly - I wasn't thinking, and before I know it - I had walked for an hour! Back to work, I got most things up-to-date in preparation for my holidays; one of my more productive days and, it was satisfying.
I wonder sometimes what kind of a friend people see me as. Am I reliable? caring? honest? I guess one really has to be on the other side of the mirror to know the answer to these. If there's a quality I look for it is honesty.

Someone once said to me, "Time will tell". And today, time revealed. Dissappointment filled me again and again. I guess everyone's weighting on 'words' are different. I don't just say things for the sake of saying it because 'words' make or break. Every word spoken is of some value.

I am a bad liar, and I hope I stay this way. Not to a point where I answer a call at work and my boss tells me to relay on the message to the caller to say that he is out of the office (when he isn't); I wouldn't say "My boss wants me to tell you he is not in the office".

I think that I might have the perfect solution to people who can't seem to keep their words - how about don't say anything at all?

Dear God, may every word that comes out of my mouth be honest, yet sensitive to each person's needs. Teach me to be forgiving because you first forgave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home